I've just released a new version of our Anticheat Software: 1.4.
The improvements are mainly tweaks to avoid any lag of your computer while using our software.
- Communication speed between Anticheat Software <-> GN Server has been limit to max 1 kb/sec to avoid any lag
- 'Please connect to the gameserver' will be changed much faster than before (if you once connected)
- Several smaller fixes to tweak the speed
- Fixes to reduce the memory load in the internet explorer 6.x / 7.x
I hope we will have a final stable version of the Anticheat Software within the next 8 days, when our yearly summer event begins.
Stay tuned for news about our special event this year.
Just a few days ago we publicised our own anti-cheat software. Today our latest feature is ready to go: The Video Area.
Many of you may already know of such a tool, since we're not the only one offering this (like YouTube, myspace) - but I think we're the only gaming community offering to host and share videos at this time.
How does it work? It's easy! You simply upload your movie (up to 100 MB size!) to our server. Our video streaming server will convert it and the rest of the world can watch your video without any slow motion or lag. Of course, you can rate every single movie and give comments. There is also a personal video page online, for people who upload movies frequently: like my video page.
If the video feature proves to be successful, we will update its features as suggested by you. For example, to show top rated videos or give prizes away for the most popular video of each month.
The first video released is a must to watch! For those who don't know it yet, make sure to watch it!
Two days gone as we released our own brand new Anticheat Software.
Today's another update-day. I've just released the new version 1.3, which includes many fixes, especially lag fixes.
- Whole tool size reduced from 600 kb to 6 kb (will load alot faster now!)
- The tool loads within a small popup now, no need to keep open a larger browser site anymore
- Java compatibility changed to 1.4 (last good tests were with 1.4) - no need to update java anymore (most computer have at least 1.4 default installed)
- Tool speeded up alot, much faster loading, less ingame lag
- Security checks added
- 'Look me up again' function added - so you can easily ask the tool again if it displays 'cannot find you in any gather'
Still I have to refer to our current voting, which is actually a very important point for the Gather-Network head.
Have fun with the new, cheatfree Gather-Network boys n girls!