Hello, I will recruit 1 new member to our H&S team. You can find the necessary details below. good luck everyone!
1. Good understanding of the Gather-Network and a good understanding on how it works.
2. A long experience with the Gather-Network.
3. At least 17 years of age.
4. Personal interest in working to help improve the Gather-Network.
5. Enough time to spare for the Gather-Network.
6. Essential skills on teamwork and a hierarchical system.
7. Very good English skills.
8. Skills in more than one language (Not required but helps).
As you can see, there are quite a few requirements. Support staff have no extra authority and do not need any (apart from a more advanced control panel). If you want this position because you think you can earn some more Q channel flags or chanserv levels, stop reading now. If you want this position just for the Helper status dont bother, give up.
Anyone who applies, that is thought to be applying for status will be automatically rejected. If however you’re not bothered about the above and think this job is for you, send a fairly detailed e-mail to chicken[-A-]gather-network.com (replace [-A-] with @) containing:
1. Full name:
2. DOB(day of birth):
3. Gather-Network auth:
4. IRC alias with Quakenet & Gamesurge auth:
5. A little bit about yourself (occupation etc):
6. Previous experience with the Gather-Network:
7. Why you think you deserve the position:
EDIT: I will not make any decision this week, probably in the middle of the next week!
We are just making this post to remind you all that the use of scripts, binds and excessive use of the Ctrl button is not allowed and you will indefinately be punished for using this in any of the gathers within the Gather-Network. You must ensure you adhere to these rules and take note of this, because one time or another you will be caught.
When using Ctrl excessively (i.e. tapping to mis-align the hitboxes or such) it gives you an advantage over other players, which, of course is unfair and classified as cheating. It doesn't matter whether WCG or such events allow this as this is the Gather-Network and not WCG; we have our own rules, to which we and you alike have to stick to them.
Also, we would like to encourage admins and team captains on the Gather-Network to both record and send us demos of people who are abusing this exploit so we can stop the people that are using cheats and this exploit against not only you, but the whole of the Gather-Network community.
Just to re-clarify the situation, please read the following; if you are within sight of the enemy and actively in fire and you are pressing this button repeatedly, you're quite obviously doing it to gain advantage over an opponent (not because it's a habit). People will not be banned if it is believed the user is not doing it to gain particular advantage over another user.
In lehmans terms; if you were to walk around a corner (as i do sometimes myself) and you tap (or press) ctrl in order to get crouched as fast as possible (therefore gaining better accuracy) - then this is not a punishable offence; or anything such as this.
As you probably saw, we had a server problem during the night between the 22 and 23 september (CET).
This problem was related to our mysql database and unfortunatly it involved some data lost.
Some of the known problems are :
- Premium activation lost. Solution: contact 'kalhimeo' with the approximate date of the payment and the payment method you used.
- GN account lost (doesn't exist anymore). The only solution is to create it again.
- Forum post lost.
- For channel leaders and managers, some game servers have to be added again too.
Hopefully it seems that only a couple of datas are concerned.